Grey waste tank on 1992 Itasca Spirit question???

LittleShack

I've just been crawling around under the RV to inspect the air bags (Yay! One has stayed inflated after sliming, one needs some more). While there I took  some time to inspect other things and noticed a metal bar between the grey tank and the floor of the RV. It is not screwed in or attached in any way, other than being wedged between the tank and the floor. It slides around, but won't come out due to it being between supports/bars etc. Does anyone know if this is supposed to be anchored in somewhere? I'm assuming it is a spacer as the grey tank is suspended from the floor and not flush to it like the black tank is. There is a metal bar that runs through the area that keeps the tank from being able to be mounted flush. Any help?? Thanks!-Sue

here is a pic of the view from the back of my 93 Warrior (identical to spirit) - looking forward. 

Is that square tubing what you calling a "bar"?  the square tubing on mine seems to be rigid in place.

PS: pictures really help for questions like these

P1050633ookingforward.JPG

P1050634lookingaft.JPG

• 2 months later...