Looking for parts...

I am being gifted an 89 'Americana', 87K on engine & chasis. Interior and appliances all good... The only glitch is that it was rescued from a fire and has some melted parts on th exterior; running lights, front camper window. Entrance/exit door needs replacement.  Gelcoat burnt, exposing fiberglass in one leading edge corner.

My question: Where can I find parts for this model? specifically: Door, front camper window. I have a local rv parts place but there is nothing even close to the 'Americana' on their lot and I haven't had much luck with websites I have found... looking for suggestions. 

I am a newbie, am looking forward to traveling in a rig I can afford to drive but would like it to be in good looking condidtion before I head out.

If the door is a stock size you might be able to find one on eBay or Amazon. Measure it and I'll look around. Also radius corners? The window you will have to have made from plexiglass or have it fiberglassed in to cover the hole. Don't know what kind of seal is used on Americana windows. Also the edges might have melted some and make sealing a new window difficult.

Linda S

• 1 year later...
On 7/15/2018 at 1:21 PM, linda s said:

If the door is a stock size you might be able to find one on eBay or Amazon. Measure it and I'll look around. Also radius corners? The window you will have to have made from plexiglass or have it fiberglassed in to cover the hole. Don't know what kind of seal is used on Americana windows. Also the edges might have melted some and make sealing a new window difficult.

Linda S

Linda, do you happen to know if there is a replacement door out there that fits an '83 SR? Ideally a slick fiberglass one. 

If anyone has one for sale, I am interested.  Mine is extremely worked and was badly rebuilt by someone already.

No one is making new Sunrader parts and doors are very hard to find. Custom doors are super expensive and not made to match the sunrader shell at all. Post some pics of it inside and out and maybe someone here can come up with some ideas for repairing it

Linda S

There are doors out there but they are some expensive like$400. They are made of soft pine they get wet inside the the wood particularly the bottom rots and it just becomes flexible I have done a few of them it's not a hard job just a wood rectangular frame with styrofoam core. Some had plywood but mostly just the frame, the size is not standard wood dimensions they it will have to be ripped to size I used pressure treated wood.