1986 TravelMaster Escape Hatch replacement!

Amaia

Hi everyone!!

I have a 1986 Travelmaster that I adore (is my first motorhome), and last weekend the Escape Hatch on top of the bed, flew away!!! Ive lost the "plastic" cover, everything else is working fine. Ive been looking for replacements, but none fits, as is a little bit bigger that 22x22...does any one knows where I can find a replacement? 

I know that maybe is easier just replace it with another one, but i will really like to have the same one.

Thank you for your help!!!

Hey Amaia!  Fellow 1986 Travelmaster here as well.  We need to compare notes :) Just replaced the same hatch, along with the A/C and bath room vent with a fantastic fan.  Found this Escape hatch on Amazon.  Fit and function seem to perform well.  Hope this helps

https://www.amazon.com/Hengs-66621-C2-Escape-Hatch-Aluminum/dp/B002NKZZ4G/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1531273975&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=heng-s+66621-c2

18 hours ago, linda s said:

You must measure the opening exactly so we can look for you. I must warn you there are some sizes that are no longer made.

Linda S

Hi Linda!!

The mesure is exactly 22x22, but the 22x22 we have found in the market are a little bit smaller! We have tried a few!

17 hours ago, Yota Master said:

Hey Amaia!  Fellow 1986 Travelmaster here as well.  We need to compare notes :) Just replaced the same hatch, along with the A/C and bath room vent with a fantastic fan.  Found this Escape hatch on Amazon.  Fit and function seem to perform well.  Hope this helps

https://www.amazon.com/Hengs-66621-C2-Escape-Hatch-Aluminum/dp/B002NKZZ4G/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1531273975&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=heng-s+66621-c2

Hiiii!! Im so glad to found another Travel Master parent! haha. Ill be happy to compare notes, i have just bought it but is in great shape! Im so happy with it!

That hatch looks great, do you think I could just replace the cover? Or do i need to replace the entire Hatch? Mine is just missing the plastic cover!

Thank you so much for your help!

2 hours ago, Amaia said:

Hiiii!! Im so glad to found another Travel Master parent! haha. Ill be happy to compare notes, i have just bought it but is in great shape! Im so happy with it!

That hatch looks great, do you think I could just replace the cover? Or do i need to replace the entire Hatch? Mine is just missing the plastic cover!

Thank you so much for your help!

Cool!  Nice to meet you.  Would like to see some pictures of yours.  I plan to post a build thread of mine shortly.  Our was in the family, so we got it for free because they didn't want it anymore.  We've been re-building it from the ground up. 

I went to the factory website and looked up the part number for just the lid, so you may be able to order directly from them. 

Here's the part number

90129-C1  Lid - Heng's 22" X 22" Fits escape hatch 66621

http://www.hengsindustries.com/replacement-parts-list/

http://www.hengsindustries.com/distributors/

Perfect!! Im in Canada now, but will be in the U.S in a few weeks, so I will surely visit some of those dealers! Thank you so much for all your help!!

Wow, rebuilding it sounds fun!! How can I send you pictures?  I think this one hasnt have much changes.

One last thing, does your TM have the User's Guide? 

Have a great day!