Roadside Assistance Recommendations

Sandie

Hi RVers! We are looking for recommendations for which roadside assistance program to buy. We are taking a roadtrip from NorCal to South Texas and want to buy roadside assistance. So far, it looks like Good Sam is a good one and we are checking with Geico, but this forum has great members and usually great insight. Thanks in advance!

***Update: Geico "partners" with RV roadside providers that only cover 1995 and newer, we are a 1992!

SJ

Edited by Sandie
Update

7 hours ago, Drummerboycody said:

AAA with RV endorsement here, will tow 250 miles and it's about $108 yearly, well worth it to me

Are you sure? The Washington AAA site shows that with regular RV plus you only get 100 miles towing and with the premier which is $169 a year you get 200. I checked because I have the premier plan in California and I know I only get 200 miles. In California though I only get that 200 miles once. If I need it again that year I am limited to 100 miles. Luckily I have never had to use it.

I recommend Good Sams. After buying Grannie on the way home she broke down requiring a long tow. Good Sams pays to tow your camper to the nearest authorized service center. 

No Lol! It would be a Good Sams RV authorized service place. I know no one that has an elusive Granville! That’s funny man!

I use progressive, which is partnered with AAA to handle their RV work. When I signed up, 3 years ago, I was told they would tow 100 miles. I may have changed since then. They pulled me to this place,  Georges Auto-Electric and Diesel at 1020 Northcrest Dr, in Crescent City, CA  95531. They were great. They could not get me in because it was late in the day so they told me to plug in and and spend the night on the lot. 

Good Sams towed me to a “mechanical garage” familial with the Toyota truck. I wouldn’t want to go to a clueless RV dealership! 

State Farm has a cheap endorsement for roadside assist,  a few bucks per 6 months. I also have AMA American Motorcycle Association membership which will  roadside service ANY rig you own. Georges Auto in Crescent City is JUST GREAT for electronics from old farm equipment to the modern world !