Sunrader RV v. Others: Recommendations?

lopezg273

Hello! I'm in the market for an 87-93 Toyota RV, V6 model (The 4 cylinder is great, but I think it's not enough power).  I've noticed that for some reason, the Sunrader motorhomes have a higher asking price on similar mileage/age/condition than other coaches (Winnebago, Itasca, Dolphin, etc...)  And I know they are fiberglass while the others are... wood, metal, and stuff?  Aside from that, I don't see any other other obvious differences; the floor plans are all similar in terms of space usage (sure, the doors are in different places, the kitchen is in a different place, etc.. etc.. but that's indifferent to me).  I'd like to get a Sunrader, but I just can't justify what I see as a bige price difference (from $5K to $10K higher!).  Are they really that good, and what's so good about them?  I'd like for my RV to appreciate rather than depreciate.  Let me know your thoughts, please, and thanks!

I've driven my 4 cylinder over the Sierra Nevada's many times. Gotten kicked out of a few 4x4 only roads  too. It depends on you. Lots of members here have driven to Alaska and many live in the mountains. We are pretty happy with the power we've got but some people just won't be. For most of us it's not about getting there, it's about enjoying the ride. All the 4x4 Sunraders were 4 cylinder too. Look up posts from kayakthecoast. He's up near Seattle and has some awesome pics posted of his incredible tricked out Sunrader 4x4. Again 4 cylinder

Linda S

Thanks guys, I found what I think is a 21' Sunrader with a 4 cylinder and was curious.  I'm in the research phase at this point and leaning toward the Sunrader due to the Fiberglass shell.  These suckers are rare and well cherished!! Appreciate the insight