Sunrader sliding window super sticky, and one broken

lexxxel

To continue my window issues with my sunrader, I thought I'd split into 2 topics as they are different issues. My sliders are extremely sticky and hard to open (or impossible to open). I've sprayed the tracks numerous times with dry lube for RV windows, but aside from really stinking up the camper, it works for about a day then goes back to sticky and almost non operable. My pass side window slides open about 1/3 of what it should, and is super sticky even then. My driver's side window is so sticky the metal pull separated right off and now it won't open at all. How do you get that metal trim/pull back on? I want to take out the windows to redo the butyl seals, so starting with drivers I will do this. But I want the slides to work well, and am wondering about advice on how to make them slide properly. I can do it while they're out of the RV. Some people have suggested wax but there is a brush like track for the window, and I'm not sure how I would apply the wax to this. Try to stick it down on the base of the track below the brush? It there a way to clean out these tracks properly?

Has anyone replaced these windows? I much prefer the old crank out style, plus they are great open in the rain.

Thanks all!

Edited by lexxxel

make sure to clean the window tracks. any small amount of dirt and debris can make sliding the windows very hard. I had issues with my windows not sliding as well. I was surprised to discover the amount of dirt laying in the track. once cleaned they were much easier to slide. joe from dover.