LOW OIL PRESSURE

SCRIPAL

UPDATE:  A few days back I posted that I was getting 0 oil pressure on idle  making the oil lamp flicker but upon acceleration good pressure and no oil light warning.  Several people posted thoughts on what could be the problem, all of them real possibilities.  My mechanic dropped the oil pan today and we have the answer.  Although the oil screen was not clogged, one of the 4 bolts securing the oil pick up unit had broken off thereby making it loose.  We think this is what is causing the low pressure at idle.  The bearings were fine and there appears to be no damage. While the pan is off, I am going to have him replace the oil pump, water pump and timing belt.  The oil pan baffle was damaged and I would like to replace it. My dolphin is a 3.0 V6 3VZE, automatic and I am having a difficlut time finding one.  Any help with a part number and assistance finding one would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Still available from Toyota and not crazy expensive.

The vehicle options this part fits:

• Production Date: 08/1988-08/1992
  • Fitting Vehicle Options: 3VZE.. VZN85, 9#

Toyota Part No.: 12121-65020

PLATE, OIL PAN BAFFLE

Toyota 12121-65020 PLATE, OIL PAN BAFFLE pn_detail_zoom.png
Part Description Plate, Oil Pan Baffle, NO.1
Replaced By 12121-65021
Manufacturer Toyota. This genuine Toyota part is guaranteed by Toyota's factory warranty.
Your Price: $42.20
Retail Price: $57.06
You Save: $14.86

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, water pump, oil pump, thermostat and timing belt.  The baffle was incorrect so, we had to use the old one.  The only thing that was not replaced was the oil cooler.  $500 for a new one and almost as much for a used one.  I already have a used one and it is working fine!  The guy charged me $1,000 for the entire job and I supplied the parts.  All the parts were Aisin that I bought on line which cost me about $200. Of course I am not happy about this whole thing but, we found that the timing belt had cracks and the water pump was about to go.  The oil pump also was not great either.  It is hard for me to believe that these were replaced when the engine was rebuilt.  All BIG potential problems while on the road.  Also, we found that the the oil pickup unit actually had 2 broken bolts rather than one.  Whoever rebuilt the engine prior to me buying it really cut corners.  Rather than backing out the broken bolts and replacing them with new ones, sealant was used.  It saved him some time and it lasted about 15K miles.   I suppose I am not the only one who has been had by a "mechanic".  The old fellow who did my repairs LOVES Lizzy and wants to buy her. I told him I would give him the first shot if I ever decided to do so!