so yesterday I was crawling around under my MH. checking the pumpkin fluid and what not. I noticed some perches on the bottom side of my frame just in front of the rear axel for air bags. Air Bags are gone but the air lines are there along with the upper mounts I believe the lower mounts mounted to the leaf spring. I have a some photos. I'm hoping someone here can tell me what kind of air bag will bolt right on to the mounts I have. make the job easy and maybe a little cheaper if I just need some bags and new air line.

Screenshot_20180531-083617.png

Screenshot_20180531-083635.png

last night I noticed behind my passenger rear tire I have a label stating this vehicle is equip with T-9 Air System. I've read around here about T-3s RV. and I see they sell a set still.

for future reference that bracket I have is the one used for T-9 air systems per T-3s RV. I had sent them a photo of it. for a complete setup shipped its right around 350.00 I will order next week.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:59 AM, 86Dolphino said:

for future reference that bracket I have is the one used for T-9 air systems per T-3s RV. I had sent them a photo of it. for a complete setup shipped its right around 350.00 I will order next week.

I see no reason to stick with the original type since you have to buy a whole new system. The Airlift ones have a greater weight capability than the T9 system and installation is simple. Your in Reno? Summit Racing has a store there. At Hot August Nights they have crazy sales. 10 to 20 % off of everything. Might get a better deal

Linda S

that's something to look into. Yes I am in Reno and we do have Summit Racing store here. I actually just bought 8.2 ML spark plug wires for my MH they had them on sale for 28 bucks. does anyone know what the part number is for the Airlift ones?

when I read that thread Derek up North I look at one of the links

https://www.truckspring.com/products/air-lift/loadlifter-5000-57113.aspx

I don't understand how the upper bracket is mounted.

the bottom bracket is easy enough it just sits on the axle and gets tightened with new U bolts.

5k lbs sounds nice. and the Airlift ones are a little cheaper in price. and like Linda said Summit may have a sale.

Just wish I knew how that upper bracket worked.

so im looking at those load lifter 5000 however my dolphin is a 86 but I believe my chassis is a 85 10/85 to be exact. these load lifters say from 86 to 94 anyone ever install them on a 85 or older by chance?

On June 4, 2018 at 1:18 PM, 86Dolphino said:

when I read that thread Derek up North I look at one of the links

https://www.truckspring.com/products/air-lift/loadlifter-5000-57113.aspx

I don't understand how the upper bracket is mounted.

the bottom bracket is easy enough it just sits on the axle and gets tightened with new U bolts.

5k lbs sounds nice. and the Airlift ones are a little cheaper in price. and like Linda said Summit may have a sale.

Just wish I knew how that upper bracket worked.

Just noting that the upper bracket fastens to the frame rail, directly above the axle. Three holes have to be drilled in the rail (5/16" or 3/8", can't remember) and self-tapping bolts are provided. It's a great, well built kit. 

Yes I understand that. I would just hate to order the kit and have it not fit and get charged a restocking fee. 

I was hoping someone here has installed that same brand on a pre 86. Maybe I'll be the first :)

There were no frame changes between 85 and 86 and you have a 6 lug rear axle. I can't imagine it not fitting. Just checked and here are the production dates for our vehicles. Yours was built in 85 but it came from the factory with that 6 lug axle. Makes your truck exactly the same as an 86. I searched for the axle shaft for the dually. Only a dually can take that part

Linda S

The vehicle options this part fits:

• Production Date: 08/1985-03/1989
  • Fitting Vehicle Options: RN55, 75.. WT
  •  

Linda I appreciate you. I went ahead an ordered the load lifter 5000 total was 260.82 I was told they would be at my door by the end of next week. I have a full garage packed with tools so I don't see any issue installing them.

thank you all for your help.

Now I can move on to my next issue. lol

I got them from SDTRUCKSPRINGS.COM.

I had registered my email with them then the next day they sent me a 5%off coupon that I couldn't use lol. and when I call them out on it. they said they could still give me a discount just not as much. but 260. is still a good deal.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my air bags installed. the job wasn't too bad. I had to use a cutoff wheel to cut off my rubber bump stops. I also had to cut off my old T-9 perches as well. but they are in and my rear end is no longer dragging around. much better going down the road. I am very happy with it. anyone on the fence about it shouldn't be.