Window screen frame replacement

Hi folks,

We’ve been missing our driver’s side rear slider window screen frame since I bought the rv.  Now summer cometh and it’s hot without air conditioning.  Need maximum ventilation!  I remember there being some information on how to remake these screen frames with a kit, but I just can’t find it.  Could you help me out please?

thanks,

rob

Window screen parts. You put them together the same as you would for a home window screen. The big difference is you need the radius corners at least on one side and no I don't know which ones are the right radius. oh and you need screen clips so they won't rattle.  Buy the screen material at your local hardware store.

https://www.pellandent.com/RV-Window-Screen-Parts

Linda S

• 1 year later...
On 5/31/2018 at 7:12 AM, linda s said:

Window screen parts. You put them together the same as you would for a home window screen. The big difference is you need the radius corners at least on one side and no I don't know which ones are the right radius. oh and you need screen clips so they won't rattle.  Buy the screen material at your local hardware store.

https://www.pellandent.com/RV-Window-Screen-Parts

Linda S

I looked at the parts but still can’t figure out how to get the screens OUT! Suggestions welcome!

Mine have the pressure spring on the bottom. I have to stick a skinny screw driver in there while pushing the screen sideways to get it loose. Something like this

Product Photo

Or this

Product Photo

Holding your screen in place. Sorry about big pics

Linda S

I always wanted to know this so I could take a screen in to a shop and get new screen fabric installed. 

Thanks to Linda, I was just able to go pop out two of my screens in seconds.  Don't even need a screwdriver.  I just slid the screen sideways a bit so that I could grasp the vertical on each end, then lifted straight up compressing the spring which is in the top .  The bottom cleared the track by almost a sixteenth of an inch and I just pulled it to me then lowered the screen until the top was also out.  But note this:  in my Toy the springs are in the top.  In Linda's the springs are on the bottom.  So if the screen won't lift up try pushing down and see if it moves at the top first.  If neither way works, get a little screwdriver and try what Linda does. 

3 hours ago, linda s said:

Mine have the pressure spring on the bottom. I have to stick a skinny screw driver in there while pushing the screen sideways to get it loose. Something like this

Product Photo

Or this

Product Photo

Holding your screen in place. Sorry about big pics

Linda S

Thank you! I’ve gotten the table out so it will hopefully be easier to really look harder. What a crazy system.