What to use between top of cab and bottom of filon??

LittleShack

We are at the stage in our over cab rebuild where we are about to reinstall the filon under the over cab bed. The filon will need to be attach and sealed to the cab opening. What have others used to replace the seal between these 2? What was there was a black spongy tube like weather stripping type stuff, which tapered off to a tape stripping along the 2 sides of the opening. We have cleaned all of the old stripping off. Would butyl tape work? Thanks all for any advice!

Edited by LittleShack
missed info

I used a high end black rubber seal intended for use around the tailgate of a standard size pickup. Don’t remember the supplier, but it’s worked well for me. The flat side has an adhesive strip which I secured to the filon. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to both of you. We ended using a marine sealant around the opening, applied very thickly. and then screwed the plywood to the metal. Finished it off with a tube of closed cell foam stuff my hubby found. We squished it into the space between the roof and the filon, from the outside. Seems to have done the trick!