Hello TM group,

Just purchased a 1989 21ft. Sunrader. So Stoked! But there's a lot of work the little lady needs. First, a set of front windows. I read as many post on here as I could about the subject. All seem to be a year or more old. Is there any new info about sourcing some reasonable priced windows? Or is Advanced in Nor-Cal the only way to go. Also thinking of going the DIY route after reading others success in the DIY. Anyone try any different materials besides Plexiglass?

I found a pair on CL but they are off of a 1980  18ft and have a width 15-1/2. My width is 12-1/2 top to bottom opening. Could I buy them and cut them down to size?  If the length is the same to.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/rvs/d/sunrader-rv-parts/6591859236.html

Thanks for your help,

Aaron

IMG_2223.JPG

Hi Aaron—

I recently posted about the making and replacement of my wraparound windows. If you look toward the bottom of my post, you will see a couple of folks chimed in on the merits of a new lexan with a scratch-resistant coating. Link is in there and sounds like a great idea—I would have gone with lexan had I not been worried about scratching and fading with the regular kind. It wouldn’t be difficult to cut the sheet with a jigsaw with a scroll saw blade attached, and lexan is easy to bend as opposed to plexi. Info for gaskets and tools are up on my post or Linda has posted links to all that. Give it a try and contact for advice or info and let us know how it turns out!

Thanks Wensun for the advice. I think I will try making the new windows with the Lexan MR10. The thing I'm worried about is I don't have an old window to base the new window off of. Thinking I can make a  pattern by taping paper to the window opening and tracing it out.  Will need to shorten the pattern to account for the seal. Worried about forming the curve.  Any ideas?

• 2 months later...

Hi Pacific Shoreline,

I was checking out this plex~ lexan MR10, and it said it was for a flat surface.  Have you tried bending it yet?  What did you wind up using?  I am seriously considering glassing over the windows.  The leaks are never ending.

Thx, Robin