thermostat

Trying to locate the original thermostat that was in my unit.  Suburban but made by Robert Shaw model D87011.  Found a pic of one listed on amazon but the pic didn't match the thermostat they sent.  Does anyone have any ideas about a replacement thermostat that would do the job.  Starting simple with furnace issue before I have it looked at. 

I bought a simpler thermostat that WME recommended a Honeywell basic non-programmable $20 Home Depot. It’s digital. Way better than the old analog thermostat!

Plain old round thermostat will work fine nothing special there.

Yea what we really need is a single day programmable thermostat, they are 60-90$. I mean really when we are on vacay everyday is a weekend.

BUT the basic 5-2 day programmable are only $35. So too complicated is cheaper ?

When I'm plugged in I have a custom made electric heater but I never turn it up over 60 so I added a programmable thermostat as an alarm clock it starts the propane furnace and clicks off at 70! I can not sleep through the furnace coming on and it's so nice and warm when I get up.

23 hours ago, WME said:

Shoot you can buy them for twice that at Home Depot! They work great I have 4 of them in the house and one in the camper.

Are all you telling me this will hook up and work with the two wire ( R&W) hook up from the original thermostat heat only?  Thanks

Yep 2 wire installation! I had to call Honeywell to find out where to connect to the different terminals on the back of the new thermostat but very simple. I do not have the programmable type just basic. 

I've been happy with the Emerson 1E78-140 model that I bought cheaply on eBay. Runs the furnace just fine. Also nice to have in the summer even, while driving, so we can glance to the back and easily see if the coach is staying reasonable (for the pooches).

That’s really all you need.