Metal roof

ports

Being new to all of this, I have a metal roof on my Warrior.  It is in great shape.  Do I have to coat the roof with anything?  If so, what is best for a metal roof?  Thanks for helping me through this process.  Have an appt to have my new purchase serviced and checked out in early June to clear up my fridge issue and have everything else checked out.  Hopefully it won't be long before we get on the road.  I'm trying to learn as much as possible about my little gem so I can do more of the work myself.

Welcome! I have a metal roof on Grannie also. Perfect condition no leaks. After reading other members responses about possible pin holes developing I resealed and painted my roof with Cool Seal last year. Amazing difference! Much quieter when it rains and most important was how much cooler it is inside the coach with the white roof reflecting the suns heat! Good Luck!

Thanks for the advice.  Pardon my ignorance but what do you mean when you say you resealed?  Were you talking about the caulk around the edges.  Do you get cool seal from Sherman Williams?

My aluminum roof is in great shape.  I have redid everything on the roof and if I wanted to coat it I would use a quality paint ,  Sherwin Williams or similar and use a DTM, direct to metal white paint. 

For the time being I see no reason to coat a perfectly good roof.  

I used a product called Sno Seal by KST a subsidy of Sherwin Williams. Has a 12 year Warranty goes on blue and dries to a bright white! Took almost 4 gallons. Don’t know if available anymore. By resealing I meant  replacing all old caulking, vents, screws etc. much work!  JJ for the reasons I already listed, much cooler and quieter inside. 

Correction the Paint I used was Snow Roof by KST! 

Thank you to all who replied.  It is appreciated.  Trying to learn as much as possible from those who have much experience.

You can check the prices for Cool Seal  . Walmart seems to be the cheaper.

Edited by Homer
wrong wording

• 2 weeks later...

Last fall I redid my 92 warrior roof. Leaked bad and the ceiling was trashed. There were tons of pinholes, cracks, tears. I used flexseal tape for the cracks, silicone sealant for holes and then coated the entire thing with Henry tropi-cool 887HS which is 100% silicone roll on and available at the Depot. This stuff is supposed to last 50+ years or something. This saved me from having to rip off the entire metal roof. It's held up great although stored in a cave most of the time. It's a lot cooler inside too. I wanted to share this because I researched for a long time before deciding what exactly to do. Hope this helps someone out there and if you have questions let me know. 

IMG_20170914_165129.jpg

Nice Job! Never heard of the stuff you used before? Hope it sticks and lasts for you.