Rain entering through Rooftop AC

Got too many responses trying to search for it, so figured I would start a new topic addressing only this.

During significant rain, water is entering through the air vents in the rooftop AC unit.  The unit was replaced 2 years ago by previous owner, but I doubt he had many opportunities to enjoy the rainfall in Mesa, AZ.

Now that I am sitting in front of the computer, I realize that I should probably post some photos of the layout.  Manufacturer is Coleman, if memory serves correctly.

I'm hoping this is an idiot newbie question with an easy fix.

Odd thing is that it didn't leak with a foot of snow on the roof, but it is letting the rain in through the air vents of the unit.

I am open to all suggestions.  You're a great crowd.

The AC unit sits on a foam pad that surrounds the 14X14 opening in the roof when it is new it's all most an inch thick it gets flatten down when the AC unit is refastened from the inside. It is recommended that it be replaced every 5 years. When I did mine at some point some one thought it was leaking under the AC unit it's self and went after it with silicone sealant I didn't think I would ever get it off the roof. Once I got to the gasket it was flatten to some thing less than a 1/4" and yeah it leaked. If the AC was replaced it sounds like they did not replace the gasket. It's not a bad job and the AC unit can stay on the roof the gasket will come with 2 pieces the big one that fits the opening and a long rectangular one that fit under the back of the AC unit that is probably still stuck to the AC unit. It is important that that one be replaced too because it levels out the AC unit. Another benefit to replacing the gasket it makes the AC much quieter.

Step 1 remove inside cover. You will find a large screw in each corner. Tighten them. Rain Check with a water hose.

Step 2 If it still leaks then follow Maineah's plan.

Hey staying I occasionally have the same problem. Water pools  around my AC and if it rains hard enough it will splash into the AC unit resulting in a small leak. My gasket appears fine and I cannot find any evidence of leaks around the gasket from the inside nor any evidence of water damage around the wood frame. I park on an incline @ home and it doesn’t leak then or like you when there is snow on the roof. Unfortunately the only way to fix this is for me is to to raise the AC unit some to eliminate water from splashing inside. Good Luck!