Sunland Express gas tank slow filling

Homer

Ever since we purchased the 1986 Sunland Express in 2009, the time we spent filling the gas tank (17gal) was around 10 minutes each time, it kept gushing out even if the pump was just barely turned  on .  Someone told me the vent tube was bent. I took the rubber vent line loose and it was bent badly so no air could pass through it. I also unhooked the hose that looked like a radiator hose that is the filler tube headed toward the tank.  I took the screws out of the outside trim and lifted the trim and the Big rubber hose and the bent rubber vent hose out of the hole it occupied. Went to the auto parts and purchased a (gasoline 5/8" rubber hose) 12" long, only cost $2.13 to fix something that has plagued  me for 9 years.  Attached it to the filler pipe with a radiator clamp and the 12" was a little long so I cut about 3" off the copper tube  (not the rubber hose)

that is between the tank and filler pipe vent, slipped the copper tube into  the new hose and it doesn't have a kink in it now, just a small curved bend.  Have to wait until the next fill-up to see if the problem has been fixed.  I have been putting off fixing this for a few years now but decided to fix it today. It was a piece of cake compared to what I had thought it would take.  Thought I would share this to encourage you to fix yours if it is slow filling.

DSC04908.JPG

DSC04910.JPG

DSC04911.JPG

DSC04912.JPG

Edited by Homer
added pictures