IMG_0919.thumb.PNG.baedb58f15cce5d0ef52ff1603789c1c.PNGIMG_0917.thumb.PNG.ffb693b0fd272304bdbf5304e64ac46d.PNGIMG_0920.thumb.PNG.93bc5f242b6491a1e16d9a86831bf785.PNGHey so I've completely gutted my coach and now I need some tips on a few things,

1) Can I replace rotten timbers from inside?

2) What's the best way to clean seams to re-silicone?

3) Is there a way to fill old screw holes in the outside tin without patching with more tin from the inside?

You don’t want to use silicone on any surface you plan to paint. The paint won’t stick, it’ll just bead up. 

I see no reason why you cannot replace wood struts from the inside. Just be sure the factory didn’t use some type of adhesive to affix the outside skin to the strut. You could end up damaging the outside panels. 

Old screw holes can be fill with any paintable caulking. 

depends on how much you want to invest in time and money, as with everything. you could put a fiberglass patch on the inside to cover holes, then use "bondo", or a product ( sorry the name escapes me at the moment) that applies like bondo but is actually metal rather than plastic or whatever bondo is, it sands the same and is paintable. available at auto body supply stores. the rotten wood should be easily replaced from inside. complete agreement with fred, stay away from silicone. use rv specific caulk, and seam products. good luck with the rebuild. keep us posted. joe from dover.

I've started replacing the timbers from inside, any tips for attaching the timbers to the aluminum? I was thinking come through the old seam outside with panhead screws and a generous glob of caulking.

IMG_0924.thumb.PNG.e8b99f28505fe26255f7860a92ebbd62.PNG

Construction adhesive from the inside. Any more holes BAD.