Newbie with questions

I am new to this game as I just purchased a 1994 micro warrior and am so glad I found this forum.  When I purchased my warrior, I was told the 2410 dometic frig didn't cool right.  My first question is how long does it take to cool?  Should I plug in to AC and let it go for hours?  I'm checking different things and don't know if I'm doing it correctly.  Tried the furnace.  I can't seem to get the blower to start.  What would be the correct proceedure?  I have a Suburban.  By the way, I have not gotten the propane filled.  Woukd that have anything to do with it?  Looking forward to learning a lot from all of you veterans.  I'm sure I will have more questions soon.  Thanks for your help.

Do you have a label like this? Possibly in your closet?

Best source for appliance manuals I've found is:-  http://bryantrv.com/docs.html & http://bryantrv.com/owners.html

If you've no propane, or if it's been sitting a long time, the gas line might be full of air. The simplest way to purge the air and fill the line with propane is to start by lighting the stove burners. It might take multiple attempts. Then move on to the furnace and fridge.

RV fridges take much longer to cool that house fridges. By all means, plug into 110v 'shore power' and try it. Let it cool overnight before declaring it DOA.

1991 Appliances (2).jpg

1991 Appliances.jpg

Derek.  Thanks for your help.  I plugged it in this morning and I do not hear any gurgling noises and the tube on back of fridge is hot so the heater is working.  The manual you suggested said to turn thermostat to 4.  Is that correct.  What is the thermostat capillary tube they talk about?  Will let it go until tomorrow morning. With the furnace, I guess what I wanted to know is should the blower come on if I turn the thermostat up higher than ambient temperature.  Plan to fill propane tank.  Just got back from Florida where I purchased the home and had to have it inspected.  With that done I can now concentrate on learning and getting things ready for a trip.  Thanks again for your help.  It is always much better getting advice from someone experienced.  I'm sure you will be hearing from me again. Ports

Make sure your parked level. Refrigerator won't cool if it's to slanted. Good to have a little bubble level to put on inside floor of fridge to check it.

Furnace should have an off on switch somewhere on or inside the thermostat. Have you tried lighting the stove to see if there's any propane. Even if you do get propane if it's been sitting a while lighting the stove is a good way to get gas in the lines so other things will light like furnace and fridge.

Linda S

Thanks for your help Linda. I'm not trying to light the furnace yet, just wanted to see if blower comes on.  Can this be done without any propane?  When I read owners manual, it states turn thermostst switch off.  Set thermostst above room temp.  Blower should come on.  When I do this I don't hear the blower. 

I don't have a Winnebago but common sense tells me stuff doesn't work when you turn it to off . Have you tried with the switch on? If still no I would change all the fuses in your converter or just the furnace if it's labeled

Linda S

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same furnace. Turn the thermostat to ON and put temp fill hot.

After about 30 seconds, the blower should start.

After another 30 seconds (or so) it should cycle thru 3 lighting attempts.  Pull the cover off the furnace- you should be able to see the igniter sparking AND hear it clicking

If you do not turn the gas switch on (beside the furnace) no gas will flow but all other parts of the cycle should work

NOTE: 12v dc power is required - if your house battery is weak, either plug into shore power or start the engine - both should bump voltage up to about 14v - check with voltmeter OR just turn on an interior light,  the light will get noticeably brighter.

DD17dsi-opsmanual.pdf

RV FURNACE TROUBLESHOOTING – DSI Only.pdf

Edited by DanAatTheCape