Power Outage...

EastBound

Happy Friday - 

I installed a new fridge (Whynter FM45G) on my 1990 Toyota Itasca Spirit and hardwired it to the fuse box. Last night it was working for an hour as I continued to work on the rig until I called it a night. Woke up this morning and went out to go work on her some more and I noticed that all of the power that comes from the new fuse panel is dead. Since solar was added to the rig, there is a separate fuse box than the standard fuse panel located under the couch which takes care of all of the standard electrical this vehicle was originally equipped with. This new fuse box powers an inverter, mppt controller, 2 - 12 volt sockets, and now a fridge. The only thing that works on this new fuse box is the mppt charge controller, everything else is dead. I replaced all of the fuses to see if that would restore any of the power but nothing. Couldn't find any pinched wires that would short anything out. All of the original electrical the vehicle came equipped with is working (lights, stove fan, etc.) What could be the issue here?

If you were running a 1201 volt fridg on an inverter, I would first look at your  battery and see if it is dead.  I tried running a dorm fridg on an inverter when I first got my Escaper and found that the battery was good for about 12 hours and then it was dead.  Even my 12 volt marine fridg kills the batter pretty fast.

4 hours ago, Bob C said:

If you were running a 1201 volt fridg on an inverter, I would first look at your  battery and see if it is dead.  I tried running a dorm fridg on an inverter when I first got my Escaper and found that the battery was good for about 12 hours and then it was dead.  Even my 12 volt marine fridg kills the batter pretty fast.

I hear you. I am running it on 12 volt and have it hard wired to the fuse panel which is powered by a 280 solar panel. I think the problem is with the battery. I ended up plugging into shore power and all the devices turned on so it's not a short or a fuse issue. I don't think my battery is holding a charge, but I still don't understand why the devices which are wired up from the original fuse panel work and the devices that are wired up to the new fuse panel don't.

It ended up being the battery. I replaced it with a new AGM deep cycle battery and it's been powering the fridge as well as everything else the last couple days. If anyone has any idea as to why the battery getting drained would cut the power to one panel and not the other, some input would be appreciated for future reference.

Your charge controller would be powered because it is getting power from you solar panel dead battery or not. In order to receive power and charge the battery with the panels it kind of has to be connected  to the battery so the question is two wires going to the battery one from each fuse panel or just one with the fuse panels joined to one another?