On Demand water heater?

chang50012

New season and new project. Thinking about replace the Atwood 6 gallon water heater with the On Demand one like this one

Suburban 5132A IW60 On-Demand Water Heater

https://www.amazon.com/SUBURBAN-MFG-5132A/dp/B013002JD2

Anyone done something similar?

Thanks

May I ask why? If you are camping you do not have a lot of water, yes it's endless hot water if you have water! If you are connected to water you have to get rid of it somehow so soon your gray tank is full. 6 gallons is what a normal rv hot water tank holds at least in mine it takes about 15-20 minutes to heat it once it's hot it will keep up for a couple of showers then overnight the pilot flame keeps it hot. I would have one in a heart beat for my house but it seems a bit of overkill for a small MH.

Maybe because we use a lot of hot water?  

When I took shower the last time in our Warrior, I struggled to get the temperature right and only got about one minutes of shower time.

We don't really dry camping and most of time will have full hook up with sewer connection. 

I just got a call from RV shop say this Model will not fit in place from Atwood 6 Gallon. The search is continue then. 

1 hour ago, chang50012 said:

Maybe because we use a lot of hot water?  

When I took shower the last time in our Warrior, I struggled to get the temperature right and only got about one minutes of shower time.

We don't really dry camping and most of time will have full hook up with sewer connection. 

I just got a call from RV shop say this Model will not fit in place from Atwood 6 Gallon. The search is continue then. 

Behind the control there is a small lever hard to see but that is the thermostat for the hot water mine is hot enough I have to mix a lot of cold to it. They are out there but most of the 6 gal. replacements require additional parts for the tankless and they are twice the price of a regular 6 gallon.

If you're on full hookups, convert your propane water heater to dual energy (propane/electric).

"Camco 6-Gallon RV Hot Water Hybrid Heat easily converts any 6-gallon RV LP gas water heater to 120V electricity on demand, helping to conserve propane. Its stainless steel heating cartridge heats the water to temperatures ranging from 90-Degree to 150-Degree F. The kit includes ON/OFF power switch with mounting bracket and fully adjustable thermostat. All necessary power cords and color-coded wire assemblies are also included. 15 A/120 V electrical service is required for use. The thermostat is factory preset to 120-Degree F. "

As a rule of thumb, 140F is the hottest that you can comfortably keep your hand on something.

516C-CfwzxL.jpg

https://www.amazon.ca/Camco-11673-Water-Hybrid-Heat/dp/B0024ECCJW?th=1&psc=1&source=googleshopping&locale=en-CA&tag=googcana-20&ref=pd_sl_wp0wq6pk2_e

1 hour ago, Derek up North said:

If you're on full hookups, convert your propane water heater to dual energy (propane/electric).

" Camco 6-Gallon RV Hot Water Hybrid Heat easily converts any 6-gallon RV LP gas water heater to 120V electricity on demand, helping to conserve propane. Its stainless steel heating cartridge heats the water to temperatures ranging from 90-Degree to 150-Degree F. The kit includes ON/OFF power switch with mounting bracket and fully adjustable thermostat. All necessary power cords and color-coded wire assemblies are also included. 15 A/120 V electrical service is required for use. The thermostat is factory preset to 120-Degree F. "

As a rule of thumb, 140F is the hottest that you can comfortably keep your hand on something.

516C-CfwzxL.jpg

https://www.amazon.ca/Camco-11673-Water-Hybrid-Heat/dp/B0024ECCJW?th=1&psc=1&source=googleshopping&locale=en-CA&tag=googcana-20&ref=pd_sl_wp0wq6pk2_e

Wow,

That maybe even better idea. Never thought about that until now. So it could run electric or Propane once it installed?

Does it need professional install or I could do it?