Buzz from the converter

When the RV is plugged in to AC power the converter buzzes. This is the original from '92. Has anyone had this happen? Were you able to repair it or replace it? Is there a part that can be easily swapped out? 

If it's the original power converter, it's probably the obsolete MagneTek 6332 (or similar model). Mine (in '91 Warrior) had a loud, persistent hum as well.

Really, it's overdue for a replacement, if it's the original. Newer units are not very expensive and will make your coach battery last much longer, due to intelligent, multi-stage charging circuitry. Opinions vary, but I've been pretty happy with the PowerMax 35A converter—it doesn't seem to hum much at all, although the fan does kick on frequently (not too annoying, for me). Installation was pretty simple, as well. http://a.co/85ype5z

Edited by Ctgriffi
add'l info

I have the original - it hums when AC power is available (shore power).  The fan kicks in when it gets warm - hot days/ battery is run down and needs a lot of charge/ many dc interior lights are on.

mine just keeps right on humming. The newer ones are probably better.

what kills most house batteries is a complete lack of knowledge on the care & feeding of deep cycle batteries. They last longer when they are not deep cycled (run way down) and when they are not "sulfated" ( left discharged / not kept charged).