Heater Igniter: Clicks with no start

might want to do some more troubleshooting.  If it is clicking the igniter is probably working.

have you removed the cover and looked in the sight glass to see if a spark is visible?

what you are describing sounds more like a "no gas" scenario - verify heater gas shut off is on?

low dc voltage will cause problems too.

• 8 months later...

Late replay, new member. I have this happen all the time when I am not on gas for a while. If it sits a while you need to purge/ flush the system. With my fridge and heater as well I light my stove burners first to purge the gas lines. then my heater and fridge will catch.

had this problem a while back. found out my rv battery was too old and weak spin the blower fast enough to allow the heater to ignite. new battery and worked great .  

19 hours ago, 5Toyota said:

had this problem a while back. found out my rv battery was too old and weak spin the blower fast enough to allow the heater to ignite. new battery and worked great .  

The sail switch and the over temp are the first lines of defence if there is not enough wind the gas valve will not open. The problems with the OEM boards they don't care and it will just blow cold air on your feet until you get up and turn it off. The new boards will at least try 3 times.  

thank you and yes had that happen one time was out of propane . but had a nother tank .nice to know if I ever need another board