Some days Google is not your friend.

I had no luck searching the forums, so I am posting and starting a new thread.

I am looking for a supplier for the cable door for the generator compartment on my 92 Warrior.  I went to Camping World and their 'one-size-fits-most' replacement covers are too small in the hole pattern department.  (I also learned that they try to screw you on returns if you have coupons, but that is another story).  Most of what I find on Amazom and eBuy are cheap Chinese knockoffs which are not always the right dimensions.

I have stumbled across various suppliers mentioned in individual posts, but noticed that there is no 'sticky' for suppliers that have parts that will fit our rigs.  (For example, I notice Shockwarehouse.com in many posts.)  It probably wouldn't hurt if there was a sticky for service providers (shops that do suspensions, suppliers for aftermarket parts for the upgrades that come with a 'custom' repair on the suspension, etc.) 

Maybe if people posted where they find their parts, we can avoid repetitive posts.

Well for one, many of the parts for your Winnebago were custom made for Winnebago, not standard parts. Also there are very few RV parts that are just for a Toyota based model. But we are here. Post a pic and others might have the answer or a place to look.

Linda S

Aside from the Speedometer in Km/Hour and Odometer in Km, I have not noticed a significant difference YET.

On 4/18/2018 at 10:09 AM, Derek up North said:

I just noticed that you say you have a ' Canadian model '. Any insight to the difference(s) beyond a speedo in KPH?

You could try the list. There's at least one that sounds like it specializes in Winnebago surplus.

12 hours ago, stayingretired said:

Aside from the Speedometer in Km/Hour and Odometer in Km, I have not noticed a significant difference YET.

I'll hazard a guess that you've also got Daytime Running Lights (required in Canada since 1990. I think). Also possible slight differences in pollution equipment. Is there a sticker under the hood saying anything about being compliant with US Standards?

What does surprise me is that it's built on a Canadian chassis. It's the first time I've heard of one being used by a US builder. I assume the few Canadian builders used Canadian chassis.

• 2 weeks later...

No, it was a US-built model (Winnebago, Elkhart, Indiana) on a Toyota USA chassis that was imported to Canada direct from the builder.  I haven't found the daytime running lights modification required (maybe it was conveniently 'overlooked' for a case of 'adult beverages'  or it slipped through.

There has been extensive modifications to the coach electrical system (supposedly a security system and a safe so well hidden that I haven't found it yet) including Winegard satellite, a 22-inch plasma TV, Sirius satellite radio, Sony sound bar and two additional coach batteries.  The 6-CD aftermarket radio is still a mystery to me.

I'm currently wading through electrical issues with the help of the kind folks over at the YotaTech forums.  Replacement LED bulbs in the fixtures work well and I may be going LED with the running lights as well, as there is a wiring issue related to them at present.  Will have to look for the legal compliance stickers you mentioned.  Will upload to this post if there are any.