I'm going to be taking a 3-4 month trip traveling around the United states here in a couple months and would like to have a spare to take with me.

If possible does anyone have a link to where one can purchase the rims/wheels?

Also are the wheels from the front  and back/inner and outer different?

Thanks for the help guys.

Andrew.

5 hours ago, Redrum123 said:

I'm going to be taking a 3-4 month trip traveling around the United states here in a couple months and would like to have a spare to take with me.

If possible does anyone have a link to where one can purchase the rims/wheels?

Thanks for the help guys.

Andrew.

It depends, if your rear end has been replaced (originally single wheels) most likely they are different than the front they will only have 5 bolt holes however all 4 rear ones will be the same. With the rears you can get by with 3 tires in a pinch until you can get somewhere for repairs but you can't put it on the front.

As Maineah said , you will need 2 spares unless you spend over $300 on a set of wheel adapters for the hub whilst dealing with an angry guy.

if you are lucky and have 6 lug nuts on front and back I would just try www.ebay.com for the fastest easiest picture proof way to see what you know you need.

6 hours ago, Redrum123 said:

This makes it sound like you have 6 lug rims up front as well as the rear (1987 or newer). If this is the case, they will all interchange. You'll be looking for a 3 hand-hole rim as pictured below for your spare.

I'd suggest you check http://www.car-part.com/ along your route.

Many people (including junkyards) won't know about the duallie rims and will think you're looking for a 6-lug rim from a Toyota 4x4. These will NOT work.

3 hand hole.jpg

Car-Part Rim.jpg

Car-Part Rim zoom.jpg

In this case I still think ebay is superior because they will have a picture. Car- Part burned me on a wheel they said was a "1 ton duallie" but had 5 lugs... pictures in this case are worth a 1000 words.. (swear words)

They are in fact the 6 lug Rims.... It's a 1991.

The fronts and rears will interchange your saying?

I greatly appreciate the help everyone!

What model of truck aside from the campers can these be pulled off of?

ALSO... If anyone knows where to find one I'd greatly appreciate it :) I looked on Car-Part.com and couldn't find anything. 

Thank you.

Andrew.

6 hours ago, Redrum123 said:

They are in fact the 6 lug Rims.... It's a 1991.

The fronts and rears will interchange your saying?

I greatly appreciate the help everyone!

What model of truck aside from the campers can these be pulled off of?

ALSO... If anyone knows where to find one I'd greatly appreciate it :) I looked on Car-Part.com and couldn't find anything. 

Thank you.

Andrew.

If it's a 91 then yes they are all the same it may look different to you on the front because it does not face the same way the outside rear wheel does on the back they can be mounted either direction on the rear, one faces in the other one faces out.

in short you are lucky! only need one spare wheel.  a visit to a wreck yard as Derek mentioned would be fastest cheapest route to getting a wheel; ebay would be the easiest and slightly more expensive

• 4 weeks later...

In certain areas of the country they are very hard to find. You are planning to take a trip though. Your best bet is to have your extra tire and look for the wheel in your travels. Check car-part along the way your going. If bad luck should happen and you do get a flat you can drive safely with one wheel on a side in the back far enough to get to a service station. There's your spare. Just drive slow. I've done it several times

Linda S

• 5 months later...