Eternabond and Dicor Corner Seal Tape

LittleShack

I am waiting for a few sunny days in a row to reseal all the seams on the RV. I have a roll of Eternabond to do the roof seams and a couple of rolls of Dicor Corner Seal Tape to do the wall seams. Has anyone else gone this route?

I will be removing all of the corner moulding and reusing it. I will give all the parts, and the corners a good clean up. Then resealing with the tape and caulk. What's got me scratching my head is...the corner moulding extends up onto the roof seam. I'm wondering if I should take the corner seal all the way up and around to the joint, or disregard the factory joint and begin the Eternabond at the point where the side corner becomes roof. 

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Hey LittleShack. When I painted and resealed Grannies roof last year I didn’t remove the edge molding. Unless your molding is in bad shape. They can be easily bent and hard to correct! I cleaned the molding well and removed all the rusted screws and installed larger SS screws. Sealed the new screws with flexseal and put in new trim molding. The new larger screws bit down very well and tighten up the molding perfectly. Put a bead of lap seal on the moldings edge. I must stress the Grannie has never leaked and the was preventive maintenance. I also used the eternabond tape to cover my front seam and low spots on the roof after it was painted. If you need to do what the video shows you can’t go wrong.  Good Luck!

11 hours ago, markwilliam1 said:

I also used the eternabond tape to cover my front seam and low spots on the roof after it was painted. If you need to do what the video shows you can’t go wrong.  Good Luck!

Thanks Mark! I will be leaving the roof seams on,  just applying Eternabond over them. The side corner seams will be removed though as I think one has leaked a bit behind the shower, plus we are redoing the cab over bunk, so they are off already.  

Sue