Tony Dobbs

Why is it so hard to find Odyssey Americanas?

1 hour ago, Derek up North said:

Nope, no FG floor for the Sunrader. It's weak(est) point in fact.

Interesting... it might be possible to increase the height of the Sunrader interior without cutting the fiberglass if you could raise the attachment points and enclose the bottom portion... Still a lot of work, but a lot less than it would be to expand the actual fiberglass shell. I'm surprised more people aren't modifying these things, but perhaps that's just my bias showing.

I need to make sure I don't buy a sunrader... great RV's but it would take me a year to get it all setup the way I want!

Edited by Tony Dobbs
Adding a conclusion

You've done your homework. If Dennis says that's the framework I trust him. You just didn't give yourself the time to find one of the rarer motorhomes. Took me 2 years to find my 18ft Sunrader but I knew what I wanted and just waited it out. Good luck in your search. I will keep an eye out for you.

Linda S

2 minutes ago, linda s said:

You've done your homework. If Dennis says that's the framework I trust him. You just didn't give yourself the time to find one of the rarer motorhomes. Took me 2 years to find my 18ft Sunrader but I knew what I wanted and just waited it out. Good luck in your search. I will keep an eye out for you.

Linda S

Thanks Linda. You're most definitely right regarding the time required to find the right motorhome! I will to remain patient and wait for the right one to enter the market.

Also, in case anyone is wondering it is possible to build your own fiberglass shell over an existing RV body; however it would require a ton of prep work and construction time and the cost by my initial estimation is north of $5000. I don't recommend this route to anyone, and I'm fairly crazy.