Side mirrors, only 1 is convex?

So I bought a 91 Warrior. Love this thing to death, however there was a huge blind-spot on the passenger side. Basically when merging into a road via a Yield sign, I could not see traffic approaching. It was awful and needed to be addressed.

Here is the weird part.

Only the driver side has a convex mirror on the lower portion. So there are 4 mirrors, all flat except the driver side bottom mirror. After looking at some threads on here it appears they are factory originals, or at least the lower mirrors are.

I'm trying to figure out why it was a flat mirror on passenger side. I have purchased a convex mirror but I'm not sure I like it. I may restore the original one and just try adjusting it so the face is not parrallel to the main/flat mirror.

Has anyone seen a mirror configuration like this?  Perhaps 1 original mirror was replaced with a similar but not original mirror? Thoughts?

I believe your last sentence is most likely what occurred. to my knowledge, all original mirror configurations had the flat face mirror on top of the convex mirror on each side. my 92 winnnie warrior has this set up. you can still purchase the exact replacement mirrors , I believe from "velvac", or something similar. I found them on line when I was considering replacing them due to their cosmetic appearance. the housing was faded and unattractive, but I just sanded and painted the housings to my satisfaction. joe from dover.

Yeah the right side is the one that should be convex (unless your in England) NAPA has them in chrome or white.

Try Napa, they use to stock the mirrors.