How to remove old paint from Sunrader

Iflyfish

I am making progress on the Barkeeper/Zep upgrade to the exterior of Casper, my '87 Sunrader. 

I want to remove the crackled, aged paint between the two front windows. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Iflyfishwithmytoyotabuddies

3 (1).JPG

If you plan on removing the windows then, rubbing compound and a power buffer should do the job.

As a possible plan b try mineral spirits, it all depends on the quality of the paint used.

On 4/5/2018 at 1:12 PM, Derek up North said:
1 hour ago, linda s said:

Thank you again for your very helpful posts. You guys are a goddess send! I really appreciate the input. I had no idea this was a decal! I have not seen this on other Sunraders. I looked and found some more of the decals are also cracking. There are a number of these stripping wheels on the amazon site. Is there a specific one you would recommend? Again, thank you very much for the help. Thank you too WME. 

1 hour ago, linda s said:

No I haven't done it but I know others have. Maybe they will chime in. Mine is pretty cracked too. I was just going to sand it down smooth and tape and paint over. I like the mono-brow look

Linda S

Ditto with the mono-brow. I ordered the wheel with the most positive reviews on Amazon. I watched a YouTube video of the wheel in use and it looks like a no brainer. I will post pics. I hope others will chime in too. Thanks

Iflyfishsanderinhand

I used the wheel for removing my degraded decals. worked great. only thing to be aware of, there is a max rpm rating for the wheel to be used effectively. too fast and you run the risk of "burning" the underlying surface. joe. from dover.