Toilet temporary removal

I want to remove my quite new Thetford Aqua-Magic hi-rise toilet in order to pull the carpet out of the bath (yuck) and replace it with sheet vinyl.  If I do that, should I replace the closet flange seal or can I just bolt the toilet back in (possibly waiting for slightly warmer weather to soften the seal).  Also, can I run the flooring under the toilet?   The installation instructions say to cut away carpet and mount the toilet on the bare floor.  

2 hours ago, KGordon said:

I want to remove my quite new Thetford Aqua-Magic hi-rise toilet in order to pull the carpet out of the bath (yuck) and replace it with sheet vinyl.  If I do that, should I replace the closet flange seal or can I just bolt the toilet back in (possibly waiting for slightly warmer weather to soften the seal).  Also, can I run the flooring under the toilet?   The installation instructions say to cut away carpet and mount the toilet on the bare floor.  

The rule of thumb is you never reuse a seal. If your seal is made of wax (wax bowl ring) like you would have in your home they can be bought new at someplace like Home Depot or even Walmart. 

As far as the vinyl flooring, you can run it under the toilet bowl. The seal is what makes everything waterproof. 

If your seal is made from rubber and not too old it can probably be reused. I’m familiar with residential plumbing not so much with RV.  

I'm thinking that wax seals are not used on RVs... I put a new Thetford in my rig a year or two ago, and it came with a rubber seal; probably works better than wax with constant motion/vibration. The rubber seal should be reusable if it's still in good shape. 

Thanks for your replies.  I’m hoping it’s rubber. I’ve got to get the carpet out of the bath, it’s vile. 

The seal is different than a household wax seal they are specific to RV's. Don't use a wax seal it will melt inside a closed up MH and leak. You can probably get by mounting it on top of vinyl flooring but not carpet too much movement and thickness.

Sounds like what my dear old Dad would have called “cheap first dollar insurance”, and good advice!

edited to add so good, I’ve taken it!  Thanks!

Edited by KGordon