WINDOW LEAK CABOVER 87 SUNRADER

Just to be sure you are talking about the wrap around windows right? Would be nice if I could see a pic. If they are the wrap around windows the gasket is 2 pieces. Part that goes into plexi and coach and piece in the middle that pushes  the main piece wide to seal those surfaces. Here's the video

Linda S

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?/topic/10239-resealing-wrap-around-windows-on-a-sunrader/&tab=comments#comment-95648

OK so regular flat windows are set in butyl tape not a gasket. Pull windows by unscrewing inside trim ring. clean up thoroughly and reinstall with butyl tape between window and fiberglass coach walls. Tighten trim ring that holds it all in place a little at a time going around the window repeatedly. If you think you need the rubber window bead on the outside glass find a RV parts store and have them match the size for you. If none close you can buy a sample size pack here and then order the correct size

https://www.pellandent.com/Motorhome_Product_Details.aspx?ProductID=7377&Return=30

or maybe someone here knows what size it is

Linda S

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/10/2018 at 11:01 PM, linda s said:

OK so regular flat windows are set in butyl tape not a gasket. Pull windows by unscrewing inside trim ring. clean up thoroughly and reinstall with butyl tape between window and fiberglass coach walls. Tighten trim ring that holds it all in place a little at a time going around the window repeatedly. If you think you need the rubber window bead on the outside glass find a RV parts store and have them match the size for you. If none close you can buy a sample size pack here and then order the correct size

https://www.pellandent.com/Motorhome_Product_Details.aspx?ProductID=7377&Return=30

or maybe someone here knows what size it is

Linda S

so I'm so I'm rebuilding the inside of my sunrader from scratch. I'm doing the windows before I do the floors so that the floors don't warp!   And there's nothing inside the wall of And there's nothing inside the wall of the fiberglass. So, I am asking about where I should put butyl tape? Should put it's on the inside of the window frame and then seal it to the front of the fiberglass? And then use proflex  on the outside of the fiberglass on the outside of a frame? Or is butyl tape only for the inner wall?

• 1 month later...

If you got the right stuff it's like putty. Double it up. squish it together. Make the seal as thick and wide as seems necessary. Excess will squeeze out when you screw the window back in. Then trim neatly around the frame and it will peel off. Plastic putty knife held 90 degrees from camper wall. Don't try to trim from side or you can compromise seal. Straight up and down

Linda S