Blower Fan Motor

SSBreeze

I am looking for any info on the blower fan motor. Mine just has one speed at the moment, high. When turning the knob at any position, the fan only blows on high. 1983 21' Sunrader. Any info for replacement or repair ideas would be great. Thank you. 

20180402_081756.jpg

Actually, having thought about it a bit more, I've a couple of questions:-

Is the Sunrader new to you or have you had it a while? Is this a new problem? Worked before and stopped?

Also, confirm it blows Full no mater the switch position? Is there an 'OFF' position on an '83? Still blows Full?

Got a multimeter?

Normally when there's a Resistor Pack problem it'll only blow Full in the Full position or as in the case of the video, 3 & Full.

And I'll repeat what the guy said in the video. These things get HOT. Like hot enough to brand yourself HOT. That's why they're installed in the ductwork, to cool them. :)

Yes, the cabin heater fan...sorry for lack of info. I have had it about 3 months now. It was working in 2 speeds since I got it. Since it is still cold here in the PNW I didn't want to take it apart just yet as I still get defrost/heat on high. Yes to the multimeter. There also appears to be a google ad that is covering most of your second reply. I cannot read after "confirm it blo"... and "Normally when ther"...Thank you for the info. 

32 minutes ago, Derek up North said:

Also, confirm it blows Full no mater the switch position? Is there an 'OFF' position on an '83? Still blows Full?

Normally when there's a Resistor Pack problem it'll only blow Full in the Full position or as in the case of the video, 3 & Full.

And I'll repeat what the guy said in the video. These things get HOT. Like hot enough to brand yourself HOT. That's why they're installed in the ductwork, to cool them. :)

:)

Yes, it blows full in 1, 2 or 3 position. Fan does turn off when put in off position. I will check it first with meter, then replace as needed. Thank you, much appreciated. 

I would have a look at the resistor I have seen them break off inside and basically short the entire thing to max. Does the switch "feel" OK like click into place?

Yes the switch feels fine and solid. Will check that also. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, SSBreeze said:

Yes the switch feels fine and solid. Will check that also. Thank you. 

Not blower related but what are you running for a rear axle?

I have the 6 lug 1 ton floating. Just replaced rear drums, shoes and 4 seals. 

46 minutes ago, SSBreeze said:

I have the 6 lug 1 ton floating. Just replaced rear drums, shoes and 4 seals. 

Nice looking rig. 

Thank you. I'm going to post some interior pictures as my project moves along under a different heading. I put in 4 lodge poles and hang 2 hammocks now. 

Update...replaced the Blower Motor Resistor and fan is running 3 speeds again. Appears that the tiny coiled wire was broken and folded over on itself, causing it to blow one speed only.  Thank you so much for the info!