GPS_yota

Cruising the 101 at Paso

Spent the weekend driving from SF to Paso Robles area, and passed another toyota motorhome on the way home to SF Sunday evening (6pm 2018/03/25). Don't know if the owner is a member here, but thought it might be interesting to compare numbers. I drove about 480 miles round trip overall. On the way down, kept it easy at 55 mph and got 15.2 mpgs. Coming back kept it floored (65 mph max) and got 12.7 mpg. Wind was mostly onshore so not a head or tail direction, but not totally sure. No problems other than headlamp burned out while driving.

20180324_091706.thumb.jpg.e51cca1735d6d1f165c7ef2792910106.jpg

Hi there!  That RV isn’t mine, but I do live in the county you posted about!  My only trip so far was to Ventura and Avila - 48 hrs quickie road trip back in Feb to test her out.  Didn’t clock mileage though.  Was just thrilled she made it there and back!  Ha! 

I’ve been hoping to connect with other Mini Toy owners here on the (Central) Cali Coast.  I don’t know the ettiquette: I see other toys parked in Morro Bay and want to knock on the RV door and say hi but always feel rude.  So I skip it.  I’m in MB with an ‘84 Sunrader.  I saw a Dolphin here @ the beach late in the day yesterday.  Was on my bicycle.  Rode over then stopped short - just felt so creepy coming up and knocking on the door...

Hi there! Well to be honest I don't know the etiquette either, I usually just start with a wave and see where it goes.

I get notes left on my windshield, often from other drivers in the area. Usually a name, number, and note about themselves. I always thought it was a pleasant, non-intrusive way to reach out. Hope it helps!