I finally found a center console to support my bum shoulder and keep my husband from sliding into my lap when he dozed off while I’m driving.  Dog likes it too, because she can put her paws on it and see out the front window like she does in our Honda CRV.  It fits perfectly between the seats and doesn’t block the seatbelts.  I want to put small blocks under it so air can flow over transmission hump - don’t want to contribute to overheating.  

1CF42646-B911-4392-9487-F5F9E6E6B9BC.jpeg

9E558646-D4FD-4160-B864-D9F6CC453461.jpeg

Edited by KGordon

I have a similar console in my Toyhouse.  I really like the padded pillow type cushion on the top.  My wife made a padded top for ours but yours looks more comfortable.  I added a three hole 12 volt outlet to the front of mine and like the added convenience.  I may look into the type like you have and maybe replace mine, but then again, my wife went out of her way to modify the one I have and she may be offended.  Can't have that.

Ooh, I like the idea of adding an outlet or two for charging phones etc.   My rig has wiring for a CB radio in the glove box, wonder if I can reroute it to the box for that purpose. Maybe with some sort of quick release plug so the box can be removed when needed.  I’m not sure how well the fabric on the armrest will hold up, but that’s an easy thing to remedy when the time comes. 

• 2 months later...