Traveling with pets

Shelby

Yep ditch the Kat, get a dog...:devel:

We travel with 2 small dogs, they, quickly learned the rules and we only had problems once. A tornado warning caliber, thunder storm, both dogs made it to the bed on the first thunder boom. A little mess next morning

To keep control of the liter box stuff you would need some sort of a box with a roof and a flap door, an open box would get liter scattered around with a serious bump. Depending on your cat, a lot of the litter boxes end up in the shower/tub

9 hours ago, WME said:

Yep ditch the Kat, get a dog...:devel:

We travel with 2 small dogs, they, quickly learned the rules and we only had problems once. A tornado warning caliber, thunder storm, both dogs made it to the bed on the first thunder boom. A little mess next morning

To keep control of the liter box stuff you would need some sort of a box with a roof and a flap door, an open box would get liter scattered around with a serious bump. Depending on your cat, a lot of the litter boxes end up in the shower/tub

Where we live we are not allowed to have a dog. But we have a cat. So I don’t have that option. 

12 minutes ago, Derek up North said:

Is this a condo/HOA rule? I know I'd have to move!

A house we rent. If we have a dog it has to be small as or smaller than a beagle and outside in a kennel. A dog that small isn’t worth putting outside. Not saying I wouldn’t want a dog. I’m just asking how to travel with a cat bc I know it’s been done before. 

I'm a dog person, not a cat person. But not (overly) biassed! :)

How's your cat with riding in the car/MH? Is it likely to wander off/escape to go 'mousing' at camp sites? How will you handle heat if you want to leave it 'home' while you go exploring? These are pretty much the same concerns I'd have with my dogs.

8 minutes ago, Derek up North said:

I'm a dog person, not a cat person. But not (overly) biassed! :)

How's your cat with riding in the car/MH? Is it likely to wander off/escape to go 'mousing' at camp sites? How will you handle heat if you want to leave it 'home' while you go exploring? These are pretty much the same concerns I'd have with my dogs.

My cat is a terrible ‘mouser’ lol. While I don’t worry that he’ll be chasing anything I do worry he’ll be spooked by a new environment and run. I know a girl who hikes with her cat on a leash. I know this a pretty uncommon approach but it’s something he might have to grow accustom to. 

Edited by Shelby

• 2 weeks later...

We have 2 hairless Sphynx Cats that love the car and do great on road trips in small vehicles so I with many times the space in the RV im sure they would do even better. 

I imagine we'd put a liter box with lid in the shower area while driving and in the front cab while sleeping or at night. 

We would of course need to be careful that they don't run off (extra watching the doors etc) but they prefer the heat so as long as we make sure there is airflow they would be fine all day inside without us. 

IMG_2376.PNG

I'm not really a cat lover but those Sphinx things are crazy cool. Problem with cats is they are too independent. They tend to wander off more than dogs and the potential to loose them is greater.

Linda S

I'm not a dog lover either so I say this with no favoritism.