Listed my Chinook Newport on eBay :)

Just thought I’d drop this here in case anyone was looking for a good summer project or shell swap candidate 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F112854279680

I am amused when reading a sellers post such as this one. using phrases like: very little rust--easy to repair---minor water damage---etc., etc.,  I have found in most cases there are NO easy "repairs", "little rust", or "minor" anything. in my opinion, if it were not for the wonderful knowledge base of the fine people at this forum, you could not afford to even entertain the idea of owning one these special rigs. I have learned so much, and continue to learn from the forum. with all the help, info, ideas, experience, and suggestions, I have saved a ton of money. THANK YOU ALL. joe from dover.

He is selling it as a project and the price represents that. He is being honest about the condition and that all fiberglass shell can't rot away to dust like most Toyota motorhomes. I see no problem with his ad. We had a member Zack who restored one of these rigs and it was great fun following his progress

Linda S

Thanks Linda! 

As a longtime member, I am trying to be as honest as possible in the description. I put a few videos on too so that people know that are bidding on a project. She’s certainly not perfect, but you could get in it and camp this weekend if you chose. I see the truck as a bonus! The auction is really for the shell :)

my post was not intended as a personal indictment. I was rather expressing a general view of the fact that often much more time , money , and effort is required to fix, repair or. restore problems, than indicated by a few words describing problem areas with these rigs. my sincere apologies if feathers were ruffled by my observation. joe from dover.