Gas Buddy app

DanAatTheCape

I check gas buddy daily while travelling and can really save a pile of money.  Sometimes you can drive a block off of the interstate and save 20 cents a gallon.  While travelling through Iowa, & Nebraska, I sometimes will fill up at 100 miles and then can skip the higher priced towns.

No matter what technology you use or how far you go to save a few pennies on gas at the next exit it will be  cheaper.:D  I am willing to put this statement in writing and have it notarized. 

My GPS will tell me where the gas is and generally it's not an option of where I spend money it's more about running out of gas!

I plan my stops - sometimes topping off even though I have more then a 1/2 tank.  Saving money is one factor.  Even knowing where stations are located is often helpful.  Given the limited range (200 miles for my rig), planning fuel acquisition can be important  in .rural areas. 

I also carry a 2.5 gallon tank on the rear bumper for my honda generator.  It does make me feel better if I have to stretch out my fuel stops.

I have used gasbuddy for a few years now.  I have found it be very accurate. a few times I have found a gas station not  shown on gas buddy, but not often.  The pricing info is almost always accurate too.

By using the map mode, I can look ahead on my route.

Edited by DanAatTheCape