What do you think? 40k? 140k? 240k?

ghastain

So, I'm really curious what people think about the true mileage of our recently purchased Dolphin... I know there may not be any way to ever tell the true mileage because of the 5 digit odometer, but the more we are working on it the more it just feels like a time capsule that has just sat around in the desert forever. Either way we only paid $1,500 total so I'm not overly concerned, although it would be nice to get peoples opinions. Those of you who have odometers that turned over, are the numbers still aligned or were they thrown off a bit? Video attached shows me going over a few of the things that seem like they date it a little to me, really curious what y'all think about this... 

I vote original mileage

I do too when I bought my 87 it had 28,000K on it with a speedo that didn't roll over at a 100K worked out to less mileage a year then I do in a normal month.

Well the best gauge I know of if something has been driven a lot is the seats. No sitting on the plaid stuff for 140,000 miles without it getting some holes or that slightly shredded look. Didn't get a real good look at the drivers seat but what I saw looked pretty perfect. I vote original mileage. Even if they had covers on them the whole time the center of the seat would still have that sunken butt area if 100,000 plus

Linda S

The pedal pads are usually a good indicator. Yours show very little wear. I think that’s original mileage. Great find!

What does it have for a rear axle?

Edited by fred heath

I say orginal miles very nice clean top and bottom . the numbers in those old time odometers. will roll over and reset just as nice . I have done it 77 corona wagen I took it from 62000 to 240000. turned it over twice  but I think yours has never been there .