Replacing roof vents with studor vents?

RGebm

I am planning to remove the black water system/toilet and use only shower/sinks (graywater). I'd like to get rid of all of the plumbing vents through the roof. It seems some manufacturers already do this. Has anyone used studor vents and do away with the roof venting in this situation? What was your experience?

I understand how they let air in to the system but even only using gray water tanks, gas is created in the tank. Food waste is going to break down and create gas. How ya gonna get that gas out. Totally not the same as a regular drain system where the food waste is gone down the drains forever. After a long trip once I mistakenly thought oh it's just the gray tank and let it out in the driveway. Totally rank and my neighbors were mad for days.

Linda S

Those weathervane vent replacement caps really work well you can actually open the vent windows without stinking up the MH while driving!  

Totally agree Maineah! I put one of those on my black tank vent and nary a smell in Grannie!

link to the weather vane vent cap by chance? I need to upgrade.

incidentally I picked up a new toy recently to track deer, a handheld thermal imager that's high def.  You would be impressed to know that our tanks when having waste pooh in them actually get rather warm; the temps were staggering.

gross I know but that heat and the gas are probably generating significant pressures.

1 hour ago, Totem said:

link to the weather vane vent cap by chance? I need to upgrade.

incidentally I picked up a new toy recently to track deer, a handheld thermal imager that's high def.  You would be impressed to know that our tanks when having waste pooh in them actually get rather warm; the temps were staggering.

gross I know but that heat and the gas are probably generating significant pressures.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-40595-White-Cyclone-Plumbing/dp/B003P64XU4  There are others but this is the ideal most RV stores will have them even WalMart.

Edited by Maineah

This is what I use. No moving parts and the winter time tarp just slides over.