Condensation on ceiling

hamkid

It has been raining ? lately in my area and have noticed condensation on the ceiling. There are no leaks I have found but, I do not want it to get to the point that leaks might occur. The weird thing is that the condensation does not happen in the cupboards only on the exposed ceiling in certain places. Any suggestions or input as to what I should do is appreciated.

F1671665-1857-4D53-95A0-290031E960BD.jpeg

C017ED89-C685-4FC0-B7C6-B320487B90BA.jpeg

881A2918-C1FA-452D-BBBC-FB2C6F688303.jpeg

What model RV is that? I can say that the exposed fiberglass on a Sunrader definitely "sweats" when it's rainy or otherwise humid.

Condensation = high humidity warm inside, cold outside temp. The cure can be mechanical, run A/C or a dehumidifier,  some sort of passive air exchanger will help or just open a vent somewhere..

The largest sources of increased humidity is YOU during the night. Cooking and showering are less so because both should have a fan vent to remove the humidity.

You should check under the cap over mattress. There is a problem there too.

Edited by WME

I'm going to guess that what you own has metal beams/reinforcements in the roof/ceiling. This is creating a 'thermal bridge' across the meager insulation in the roof/ceiling. Warm moisture (humidity) in the air is condensing when is contacts the cold spots. Air is less humid in the cupboards.

What do you own?

The Escaper has an aluminum frame so Derek's idea is valid. Ventilate your rig

Totally awesome! Everyone on this site is top notch! Derek and WME you are both the MAN, you guys never stop dropping knowledge on me! WME what does your name stand for? ???

The cab-over mattress traps a great deal of moisture. Many older Toys have a lot rot in that section. Not much fun sleeping on damp musty mattress.

Yes that part of the rig does have some crunchy wood. I’m not gonna fix anything right now. I have a memory foam mattress any suggestions how to protect it. Trash bags?

• 3 years later...
On 1/28/2018 at 4:09 PM, WME said:

WME would it help to put the raised lattice down first and then the defender product. 

We used just the hypervent mat from Defender suggested by WME under our sailboat mattress for about 8 years. It came with us to the Escaper and is still in there. It's a great product and we never had under-mattress condensation issues once we started using it. No need for anything else, IMHO.

Edited by mustrmrk