Painting the outside

N-Hubb

I have been youtubing, researching and can still not decide on how to paint the outside of my dolphin....I've seen people rattle can them and they actually turn out ok. I've seen people roll on rustoleum and it looks pretty good. I don't have an air compressor to use a gun and places want to charge way to much to paint my old rv....I just want Ol George Phoenix to look good on the outside...h e l p

any suggestions or projects you've done would be greatly appreciated! 

Screenshot_20180125-081639.jpg

Clean it with the Bar Keepers Friend trick, Check the Toyota part for thin paint (primer showing), surface rust. If its OK. Then mask some stripes on and rattle can them with a good paint.

Wait most of the summer for the paint to harden, not just dry, and then Zep wax the whole thing. It will be a nice 20ft job

Why paint? Like WME suggested clean the rig with Bar Keepers Friend but I would avoid painting. I’d Zep it instead! My rig looked like s..t until I Zepped it. Check out my post: “The Magic of Zep” Nice rig.....Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I bed lined my entire Dodge Ram with cans and a roller brush. went on super easy and i get compliments all the time. With Raptor liner you can get colors too and color match it.