Clearance lights too bright?

Guajiro79

I recently swapped out my old clearance lights to LED fixtures. While they look great I am worried that they may be too bright. When driving down the road at night the lower rear red lights cast a red spot light on the ground on either side. The amber lights along the top side also shine right in line with the height of big rig cabs that pass by me. I’m worried It might be distracting to truck drivers as they pass. I am also concerned that highway patrol might have an issue with it. Any thoughts? Is there maybe something i can do to the lense to diffuse the light?

You will find the LED's to be brighter that's pretty normal I agree with Derek brighter is good.

I replaced my all of my exterior lights with led's.  I find that people give me more room while driving at night and that is a very good thing.  The top marker lights on my Escaper are aimed up slightly and I can see the light output when I drive under overpasses.  

I have also replaced all of the brake/tail lights on all of my trailers.  Same result with other drivers, they give me more room.

On 1/22/2018 at 6:17 AM, Derek up North said:

First time I've heard anyone say they were too bright! Brighter, yes. Being visible is a good thing in my books.

Don’t get me wrong, brighter is better. It’s just that it looks more like a spotlight instead of a flood light. I just don’t want to get pulled over on some random night for some DOT code violation I am not aware of.