87 Sunrader Backup Camera

Been looking at wireless backup cameras with rear view mirror monitor. Man have they become cheap! Lots to choose from. 

Question #1:

Any recommendations?

Question #2: 

My license plate is on the left side of the rig, beside the factory rear storage box. How will this effect the view from the camera? I see they are attached to center mounted license plates. Ideas?

Thanks,

Iflyfishlookingovermyshoulder

IMG_7981.JPG

They make non license plate mount cameras. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-SUV-Rear-View-Night-Camera-Reverse-Backup-Parking-White-Camera-Waterproof/201687281517?hash=item2ef57faf6d:g:PVMAAOSwLF1X-5Dy&vxp=mtr

A license plate camera would work. You would just see the upper right corner of the cargo box and lose a few feet up close view.

The higher you can get it the better off you are gives you a much wider view. The better ones also have infer red LED's (works great at night). 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:22 AM, Maineah said:

The higher you can get it the better off you are gives you a much wider view. The better ones also have infer red LED's (works great at night). 

Great idea! I have been looking at inexpensive wireless  license plate camera/rear view mirror systems. I wonder how I might attach a camera to the INSIDE of my rear window. Any ideas?

Iflyfishbackingup