1990 Leisure Odyssey

APB

I have the above and I can't find one similar to it, has anyone seen one?  Know the model name?  It's about 19.5 feet bumper to bumper, has no bathroom, pops up on one side. I'd like to determine the value of it. It's on a V6 Toyota. 

nw trip 2 068.JPG

It's an Odyssey Starlite and it should have originally had a bathroom behind the drivers seat. Show me pics of the inside. Do you have your AC unit under the drivers side rear seat? I always thought that was a nice option. Out of the way and you can still lift the top. Very nice rigs. I had a chance to buy one years ago just like yours and didn't, been kicking myself since then.

Linda S

My Sunrader is a foot and a half shorter and I have a toilet. That's all it would have been. Toilet and shower combined. Pics of under carriage and holding tanks would be nice too. And other side of outside. OK what I really want is for you to live nearby so I can crawl all over it. Man I love those things. I always planned to go back and get that one but the guy died and I couldn't contact his family. Sweet guy too.

Linda S

See that vent next to the door where I think your AC was? It's a lower fridge vent and the top vent has been covered over

Picture 1 of 1

Ok, I get it, the fridge used to be on top of where the AC was by the door, and there was a toilet where the fridge is now. I guess that makes sense. There's a cabinet by the door now. These photos aren't very good, lots of stuff piled in there at the moment. I'll have to get more exterior ones tomorrow. Do you have any brochures or anything that shows its name?  How do you value these?

20180104_095810.jpg

20180104_095855.jpg

20180104_095837.jpg

No I've never seen a brochure for a Starlite. One I was going to buy had the name on it and I have seen a few over the years. There are so few of them hard to value. Most V6's if in perfect condition go for 12 to 15 grand. Would need to know if head gasket had ever been done, mileage and total condition inside. Taking the bathroom out is a bad thing. Molded stall can't be replaced. Right now the way it looks it depends on what someone is willing to pay. 5 grand minimum but you could get far more just cleaning it up

Linda S

• 1 year later...

Or a place that makes awnings for retailers, motels, and other commercial locations.

• 2 years later...

Sorry to revive a dead(ish) post guys, but I just came across a 1989 star lite, same as pictured but complete with bathroom. Camper is mostly in excellent shape, no water intrusion at all with new canvas and only minor exterior damage. The catch- the truck has been wrecked irreparably, and in the accident the dometic fridge and it’s associated cabinetry released themselves from their structural bondage with much ado. 

So now the questions-

Is this camper worth swapping onto a different chassis? most likely a 1/2t 4wd of some flavor

If it isnt, what is the value of just the camper if I were to fix the damage and remove it from the wrecked truck? 

If the camper were to be on a modern 4wd chassis, what would the approximate worth then be? 

I am not asking for potential values because I want to flip this rig, i am really trying to determine if the camper itself is worth going down the rabbit hole of a 4wd build I would keep and use extensively. I know Toyota tax has been going up astronomically, but in this case the pickup is a total loss and only the camper presents any value to me. 

TLdR; 

cheap idiot finds wrecked camper

Wants to know if it’s worth 200hrs of labor to put it on a different 💩

Well there is a Chinook coach on a newer 4x4 is for sale right now in southern Cal for  35,000 dollars. Here's the ad

93 Toyota Chinook 4x4 ! Pop-top camper, Rebuilt 22Re, 5speed, hubs -... (craigslist.org)

The Star lite is a nicer coach in my opinion. If you do a good job and make it look nice too at least 30 grand for your work. Bet you could complete it in less than 200 hours too. 

Linda S

Look here and see what fine custom work can bring. 

1978 Toyota Chinook 4x4 Conversion for sale on BaT Auctions - sold for $49,000 on August 12, 2020 (Lot #35,044) | Bring a Trailer

16 hours ago, linda s said:

Bet you could complete it in less than 200 hours too. 

Linda S

That’s what I told myself on the last one 🤦 thanks for the numbers Linda sounds like this one is probably worth spending the time on. I’m headed to meet the owner now!

sidenote: I’ll be parting out a Toyota coach with a good drivers side and mirrors, 80k mi 3vze with maint records and timing belt done, full set of dually wheels with new tires (see tread in 2nd pic), adapters and covers, and the axle.  Location is NW MT near Glacier National Park.

edit: there’s only 1 front wheel cover

936591E4-3482-489F-B621-CCFFDDE4FE33.jpeg

00695323-0C01-4261-AF2B-74929A9BC4FD.jpeg

2F4CC2D1-558C-4A8A-A3F3-F3A6A2AECEB5.jpeg

Edited by Bingineer

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2021 at 11:23 AM, linda s said:

Hey could you measure the wheelbase? I know it's going to be off some because of the damage but curious. We would love it if you post pics from time to time of your build. I live for that stuff. 

Linda S

134” is what she measures. This happens to be what a long bed, single cab Chevy wheel base is but I wanted to stay Toyota if possible. I purchased instead a 4wd toyota with a long chassis already(87 custom cab, 5sp,4cyl) for the starlite. I will start a build thread when I get some parts collected. Thanks for the help Linda!

• 1 year later...