Temperature was 22 degrees last night here in Austin. I started my 1987 dolphin up this morning. Right before I took off after the motor warmed up I noticed coolant on the ground (small pool) looked as if it came from the bottom of the radiator...not 100% sure. After driving it around town about 30 miles or so...no leaking coolant at all. Only leaked right when I started her up.....can someone help me figure this out please :)

Tighten all the radiator hose clamps.

sometimes a water pump will leak more when you just start it up          . with it off see if there is slop in the fan    if there is bad water pump.                                                                                   I have had that happen but hoses may also leak when they are colder then normal . had that happen as well. I was thinking 22re water pump maybe you have 6

Thanks everyone, it was in fact the hoses that were leaking. I tightened the hose clamps and all is good!

I went through life replacing OE hose clamps, with the screw type stainless clamps with no thought.  Then I found out the OE type clamps keep a constant pressure on the hose.

On January 11, 2018 at 7:46 AM, jjrbus said:

I went through life replacing OE hose clamps, with the screw type stainless clamps with no thought.  Then I found out the OE type clamps keep a constant pressure on the hose.

I prefer the OE type too, but parts stores never seem to have 'em! :(