3 hours ago, Derek up North said:

You're not going to be doing much rotating of tires unless they're all the same. That rules out 245/60R14s. :)

Fronts on the originals were different smaller  size so no I wouldn't recommend the giant ones. Don't think you can even steer with those on the fronts. Plenty of other more conventional tires will fit the bill and work on all wheels once he has wheels that match

21 hours ago, linda s said:

Not made anymore but on the Chinook site an oft quoted former Chinook expert , Tuffy used a 245/60/14 tire.

Actually P295/50R15:- https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/toyotachinook/conversations/messages/8159

There only ever appeared to be one (perhaps two) people who ever met and claimed that Tuffy was an 'expert' (or sometimes 'God of RV restoration' and even 'The Chinook Whisperer'!). He's not exactly the first, probably, to install wider single rims with low profile tires on the rear of a motorhome. Dolphins had them from the beginning, I believe.

3 hours ago, linda s said:

Gosh golly your right. The expert who first suggested the 245/60/14 tire was me.

Linda S

tumblr_noenylQkFh1s8njeuo1_500.gif