Turning 89 Dolphin into flatbed

Hi All- My 89 has lots of dry rot due to a leak(s), and for safeties sake I need to replace the 2×2 frames, as well as update a worn interior.  Mea culpa for my doing insufficient research to realize leaks and dry rot are a common RV hazard.  On the plus side, though, my 89 has only 89K miles, and is really impressively mechanically sound.  It is fun to drive and I would love to see it turned into a flatbed, which I could really use.  I am in inland northern CA.  Does anyone have any knowledge regarding a project of this nature?  Would a welder, or general mechanic or? be the person to tackle the job?  And if anyone knows someone who has done this, ball park estimate of time and money involved.  Thank you to anyone with any info or conjectures.  PS engine is V6.

Most Toyota motorhomes are built on the one ton cab and chassis. It usually involves the removal of the rear section of the cab to allow a pass through area to the coach.

You could either find a similar cab and cut out the section you need then weld it to your original cab (lots of work) or find a complete cab on a wreck and install onto your chassis.

Amount of $ it would cost would be dependent on how much of the work you can do yourself.