I have a 1994 Itasca Spirit and I sealed all around it and I still get major leak. Should I remove it and seal it better....... Going camping this Friday and I really don't have time to do that but I will if I have to.

The seal for the roof A/C is actually a 14"x14" square gasket that installs under the A/C. Unfortunately, to replace it, you have to remove the A/C unit.

You might cure your leak by accessing the bolts that secure the A/C from inside and tightening them a bit to squish down the gasket. But there's a limit to how often this can be done before the gasket needs replacing.

roof gasket.jpg

if you get on the roof to pull the AC I recommend you get some stout planks that reach from the top of the sidewall to sidewall.  The AC is not mounted onto the metal studs but on wood.

I suspect the AC area is already slumped down some - every warrior/ spirit from that era that I have seen is.

You really don;t want that leak going on very long - if rot sets in that part of the roof it will be a booger to repair.

I would do what Derek Up North is suggesting - if one or more of the mounting bolts is loose you might have an easy fix.

I understand that it is recommended that the gasket be replaced every 5 years. They start out pretty thick when I replaced mine it was flattened to about 1/4  to 5/16 the new one was about 1"! There are two parts to the gasket one is the 14X14 gasket the other is rectangular and it fits under the rear part of the AC be sure it gets replaced it's what levels the unit out.