Cabling straight out of generator to coach battery

ToyoGuy

Can anyone comment on how much loss (if any) there is running the coach shore plug into the generator output plug (and thus through the coach distribution panel) vs using the hardwired charging cables available from Honda that just plug into the generator output plug  and clip straight to the battery posts? Someone told me there is some loss associated with plugging into the generator with the shore plug and going through the whole system. Thanks for any insight.

BR,

TG

This is a non-issue issue. The Honda would charge your battery at what ever rate it wants. Plugging in the RV power cord brings your converter into the picture and, with a newer converter, it will be better for your battery.

5 hours ago, ToyoGuy said:

Can anyone comment on how much loss (if any) there is running the coach shore plug into the generator output plug (and thus through the coach distribution panel) vs using the hardwired charging cables available from Honda that just plug into the generator output plug  and clip straight to the battery posts? Someone told me there is some loss associated with plugging into the generator with the shore plug and going through the whole system. Thanks for any insight.

BR,

TG

OK for a quick charge of a dead battery but lousy as a charger it is very poorly regulated plug the camper cord in. Sure there is a little loss but it's better than buying a new battery.

Thanks guys, I'm glad I bought the Progressive Dynamics converter with the conditioning cycles for charging the battery.

BR,

TG