18' Sunrader dimensions

ACGreen

I plan on doing a full gut and rebuild on my diesel Sunrader in the spring. I plan to add newer used appliances, insulation, and solar among other things. It's in a warmer state stored for the winter so I don't have access to it. My question, what are the back inside dimensions of an 84 Sunrader 18' with the rear dinette, totally gutted. Need to design, plan, and budget by May to get her completed in a month when i have time off work. Thanks!

Don't have a gutted Sunrader to measure but measurements are difficult to give anyway because of the curve of the walls. You do need to know if removing the ceiling panels is part of your plan you MUST support the roof with something else. Wood strips glued and fiberglassed in is the usual way. Brace them before they are securely attached to duplicate the roof curve. Except for the large opening above the dinette where a vent or air conditioner goes, the fiberglass up there is too thin to put up solar or even climb up there to clean. Those inside ceiling panels are part of the support structure. Think twice about removing the shower bathroom stall too. Will decrease the value of your rig by thousands and can never be replaced

Linda S

As it happens, @ACGreen, my friends and I are pretty far along on gutting and renovating a 1984 Sundrader 18'. Hopefully some of these images (including the drawings we made) will help you.

PS We chose not to remove the bathroom for exactly the reason @linda s stated. We managed to salvage the closet/fridge frame, and the kitchen area as well. Despite that, I think the photos show that what we've done qualifies as gutting.

Thanks, Derek. We've gotten so much help on this forum, it feels like the least we could do to repay everyone's generous knowledge sharing.