Journey to the Sunrader - My Adventure to pick up My Dream RV

Down2Mob_Sunrader

Hello! I am very happy to share with you the first in many videos depicting my experience with my very first Toyota RV - a 1986 Turbo Sunrader. I will be completely rebuilding this and hopefully converting to 4x4. I have a 1988 4wd pickup that I want to use for parts - so wish me luck with that, and follow along to see my progress! Also - please share any tips you have for me!

So did you know that the turbo's were only available on the 4x4 Sunrader's. Might have a turbo engine in it now but didn't come that way. Toyota didn't ship any incomplete cab and chassis with a turbo engine and Sunraders were built with the engines they came with. Hope it's just something like a thermostat and you can get her home OK. Looks like a beautiful rig though

Linda S

Turbo was only available on the 4x4 and the SR5 2wd trucks. Easiest way to tell is a quick look at the differential. Turbo's came with the same center section as the newer V6 models and the fins look different. Someone who switches an engine out is unlikely the change the differential.

Labeled on bottom pic and they look very different

Linda S

3rds.jpg