Mystery wire in Sunrader

Guajiro79

Sorry, can’t post a picture right now but hopefully I can get an answer. 

I have a wire coming out of the wood panel just to the left of the cabinet that accesses my fresh water tank on my 88 Sunrader. The end of the wire looks similar to a female rca plug. There is some adhesive residue next to the wire so I imagine there was something there before but I don’t know what. Can’t tell if it was from the factory? Can anyone shed some light? 

Just saw a video on YouTube showing the inside of a 4x4 Sunrader that is for sale and I caught a glimpse of what my mystery wire may have been connected to. Still can’t tell what it is but in the picture it is sitting in the same place where my wire is coming out from. Maybe now with the help of a visual aide someone might know what it is?

915AD95C-8A94-4889-8172-051811B63FD8.png

Could be anything it is a standard RCA  female jack looks like something was there with are red and white wire it could have been some thing to provide power. Propane alarm? Check it with a voltmeter and see what show up. I can tell you it's nothing the coach came with.

1 hour ago, Maineah said:

Could be anything it is a standard RCA  female jack looks like something was there with are red and white wire it could have been some thing to provide power. Propane alarm? Check it with a voltmeter and see what show up. I can tell you it's nothing the coach came with.

Thanks. Have been thinking of adding a propane alarm. If there is power going through it I guess it’s as good of a place as any. Any recommendations on a good Alarm?

Yes that is exactly where my propane alarm is on my 18ft Sunrader. Don't know what's available now but it's a good time to add a CO detector to that. This seems like a very good price on a well known brand.

Linda S

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ATWOOD-RV-DUAL-PROPANE-CARBON-MONOXIDE-ALARM-LP-CO-BLACK-PN-31011-RV-CAMPER/122402083725?hash=item1c7fbb938d:g:PxkAAOSwDiBZN5n3&vxp=mtr